Thursday, February 14, 2008

How My Valentines Day REALLY Went!

Ok people, this is how my Valentines Day REALLY went! I did go and get my haircut. Once all pretty and spiffed up, I ran to the grocery store and picked up the finishing touches for our dinner. I talked to both my girls to see how their special day was going and to check in on my little Valentines. While waiting to hear if my big Valentines flight was on time, I decided to run upstairs and cut wool felt for some orders. Now, this next part is not for the faint of heart. I was humming, and happily zipping along, and then....... oooops, I ran that rotary cutter right up my knuckle, just like peeling a potato I sliced a nice flap in my finger. Oh gosh it HURTS! Its not my heart thats throbbing for V Day, its my thumb! I wrapped a washcloth around it for a long time and next a kleenex (and dont do that because the kleenex will stick to your cut or flap of skin) and pull it open when you take it off. Geeze. After taking a good look Cleo decided we would not have to stitch it back together with embroidery floss and found a special band-aid for me. I made my nice little dinner one handed for my special guy who did arrive home on time with a box of chocolate and the new book I had been wanting to read. And on that note, I am out of here, Happy Valentines!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omygosh you poor thing! How awful! I hope you are all healed up! We love all our valentines here! :)

xoxoxox