Monday, May 26, 2008

A Happy Memorial Day

A nice quiet weekend here. Yesterday Jerry and I went to Powell Gardens in Missouri. The state line being just a hop skip and jump away, it takes only minutes to be on the Missouri side. The gardens were beautiful as well as the weather, a nice sunny 89 degrees. Well that was a bit hot yet I dare not complain after the long winter we had.
Plenty of benches in tranquil and shady spots to rest awhile.

A special exhibit is there for the summer, 54 large stone sculptures hand carved from artists in Zimbabwe. Each sculpture weighing between 500 to 5000 pounds they were quite impressive. Strategically placed throughout the park they really added special interest.

Large flowers such as peonies and hydrangeas are my favourites. If only I could get mine to grow like this I would be in 7th heaven.

It stormed all last night and sprinkled most of the day. This did not deter Jerry from smoking our turkey outside in his Hastybake! By late afternoon the sun came out and we had our picnic for 3; turkey, hashbrown casserole, beans, corn bread and Boston Cream pie, woof, woof, we are too stuffed to move now. So I am taking this break to wish you all a nice ending to your holiday weekend. And now I am off to tackle cleaning up the kitchen!

No comments: