Thursday, August 7, 2008

Heat wave!

Boy, its been nearly a week since my last post! The days are flying by and summer is slipping away. Hard to tell by the heat index this past week though, we finally hit the 100 degree mark and with the humidity level we Kansas Cityans were one cranky whining bunch of people.
Which reminds me of a remark a little old lady made to me while I was leaving Target the other day, she hollered over to me "it sure is one hot a-- day!" I just smiled at her and said it sure is!
I snickered on my way out to the car, you know it just caught me by surprise. So needless to say with the heat thing going on I've been spending as much time as possible indoors.

I finished this wool felt on wool runner. It is really hard to take a picture of something long and also try to show closeup detail. My picture does not do justice here, the colors are really rich and the bells have some pretty hand embroidery detail on them. I also have to say the only reason why Cleo is not lying smack dab in the middle of this picture batting balls and greenery everywhere is due to her advancing middle age and a few too many treats. She has lost her ability to jump up on my side board without the aid of a chair or something close by to use as a launching pad. Doesn't mean she didn't think about it though!

While in Target the other day I bought this book to read and a bag of Dove candy to fill my candy dish that sits beside the computer. One of Jons friends noticed my dish overflowing with wrappers last week and said geeze Jon, does your Mom eat all those? DUH. Does a cow give milk? Boys, they just don't get it. Well anyways, back to the book. I am 96 pages into it and struggling . :( I read 10 pages and then put it down, read another 10 and set it aside. This is supposed to be a sweeping epic of Russia during the 30s. Ho hummmmmm. But I'll tell you, for $15.00 a paperback, yes paperback prices seem to have gone up too, I AM going to finish this.

I guess I'll leave you with a Cleo pic for the week. I have interupted her fascination with the floor. This is one of her special spots, on a chair under the kitchen table where she stares at the floor for hours. I mean really, its kind of weird. Is she looking at the pattern on the rug or what in the world is down there?
As for me I'll be computer bound pounding out that runner pattern this week end. And tackling lots of housework. Daughter #2 is coming to visit for Labor Day weekend! Which means my munchkins will be here and I better start munchkin proofing the house. I am soooo excited!
I'm glad you stopped by, have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are excited too, Nana!!!!!! Can't wait to tear the place apart! He he he!
xoxo, numero dos

dawnkristine said...

I love your runner! How is the book coming along?