Monday, September 22, 2008

Looks like I have been MIA for awhile. No good reason, no colds, no flu, just no blog worthy news. I was excited to find the new issue of Quilt Sampler last week. I just love this magazine, I probably should subscribe. I enjoy "visiting" the top 10 shops in each issue.

And this issue features a local shop "Harpers Fabric and Quilt Co" located in downtown Overland Park. It was part of my Saturday outing with hubby and boy oh boy he was not particularly overjoyed to be included. I did however sweetly remind him my birthday is this week, and this could be like a gift to me. I also sweetened the blow with Starbucks as a reward and promised he could pick out his own "stuff" at the next stop- grocery store!

Once inside I settled him in to a nice cozy chair where he could play games on his IPhone and he was pretty much happy as a clam while I shopped. I really need a bunch of neutrals for backgrounds, but also found a few prints I couldn't resist, especially this adorable Santa.


The weather here has been so gorgeous, high 70's, blue skies and cool nights, who could ask for more! Spring bouquets were put away and out with the Fall flowers.

Cute little Devil Muffy Bear and Kitty replaced Spring Muffy.

And last but not least here is picture shy Cleo at my feet while I type. Like Marys little lamb she pretty much follows me everywhere. So, I guess next we are heading upstairs to sew!

Now that I have more fabric I can't wait to put it to use. My currant project is a long one. I am working on 9 different applique blocks for this quilt and it is proving to be a lot of fun!
Glad you stopped by, enjoy your week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy that magazine looks so awesome I gotta go find a copy! MUAHAHAHAHA :P You know I'm just teasing you! I like your cute fabrics though! :) I'll call you tomorrow! The boys are so cute, they are holding hands singing twinkle twinkle :)

Love you!