Monday, October 6, 2008

Apple Cider Time!

Sunday was another gorgeous day in KC, a perfect day for a drive in the country. Jerry and I hopped on over to Louisburg KS. Jerry loves his apple cider and yesterday was the Cider Fest in Louisburg. As you can see they have a cider mill which you could tour, but I'll tell you, there really isn't much to see inside other than a vat and a cider press.
Tons of apples!

Lots to do here with the kiddies including a corn maze. Now that is something we always wanted to do, and here the opportunity was presented but we passed on it. I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to wander around in the corn for hours, a hay romp, now that sounds interesting too, I have to admit I have never done that either!

And what would a festival be without some old time mountain music! Before leaving we wandered through the country store, which was so crowded you really couldn't look at some of the merchandise, but we did get Jerry his cider and a jar of apple butter for my Dad. On the walk back to our car we bought some fresh kettle corn and root beers for the drive home!

Last night I worked on the boys pirate costumes. I had the fabric laid out all over the floor with pattern pinned to cut it all out. I should have shut the door because in comes miss nebby who proceeds to plop down on top of it all and roll around. Next we played don't try to get me off of here because I really like this tissue paper and I'm not leaving. I am on to her ways, I ended up cutting around her and then lured her to her on spot with her own pieces of fabric and pattern tissue. Every bodies happy, Cleo has her stuff and I got mine all cut out and mostly sewn together!

Have a happy week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like a fun festival!! Can't wait to see the boys' pirate costumes!!
:)

Becky said...

I used to live right down the road from there. It's fun to go and just hang out and watch people. My favorite...the donuts. Can't get enough of their donuts.