Sunday, June 21, 2009

The things you gotta do for Fathers Day!

Fathers Day, come and gone now, Jerry is fast asleep after a busy weekend of being Fathered.
Saturday he was up at the crack of dawn to go golfing. Oh how he loves his golf and I am more than happy to let him go do that with his buddies while Cleo and I get our beauty rest. Saturday afternoon we were looking forward to the Royals/Cardinals game. And wouldn't you know it decided to rain. Bummer, we had nice seats, I was looking forward to a ball park hot dog and a close up view of guys warming up to play. So we moved on to plan B.

Plan B was definitely a let down, but something to do never the less. We went to the movies, Jerry's pick, being Fathers Day weekend and all, was you guessed it ......Star Trek!
Sheesh! I have the admit the young Star Trek crew was kinda cute and fun, but I fell asleep 1/2 way through it LOL! Jerry loved it of course, its a guy thing don't you think?
Today he was up at the crack of dawn again and once more Cleo and I rested up while he went to hit a few buckets of balls. Then Cleo and I got crackin' in the kitchen whipping up a storm of delightful foods to please our man. Grandmas cold German potato salad (a secret family recipe) and boy o boy is it awesome, Lazy Daisy cake, crab legs for Jer and Cleo, a steak for Barbie Jo. Phew, we were stuffed!
This past week was one where it rained and rained and rained some more. We are more than saturated and the grass is growing faster than the goats can keep up with. LOL, what goats my son says, is this a hint I need to mow again? I am staying dry working on 2 projects, my stitchery and some sewing. I switch back and forth between the two depending on what floats my boat that day. And then what arrives in my mail box to distract me even more but this amazing fabric- "Dance With Me", don't you just love that name, by designer Jennifer Paganelli. So many color ways to choose from, it was hard to choose just these few. I am sure you will be seeing lots of this in new pattern designs.

Well gosh, this Fathering stuff has worn be out! My son just popped his head in and said Mom U look tired, and right he is. So it's off to bed I am. Isn't this the 1st week of summer? Enjoy!

No comments: