Friday, November 27, 2009

The day after!

The day after Thanksgiving and boy am I ever stuffed. All those leftovers, Turkey for lunch and turkey for dinner, pretty soon we'll be flapping our wings! It sure does smell wonderful while cooking though doesn't it. Nothing like the smell of that turkey cooking all day!
I allowed room for a special treat this year. Chocoholic that I am, I ordered a Mr Gobbles for each of us in the chocolate variety, from one of my favorite shops in PA, Sarris Candy. OMG, creamy and wonderful chocolate, and cute, they do such a nice job!

Here is a scene not unlike most off yours I expect, only on a smaller scale, my table was set just for 3. Nevertheless we had all of our favorites: mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole, rolls and pumpkin pie.

Here is hubbys plate, overflowing, because his plate is too small! He hates these Holiday dishes. I knew when I set the table he would mention it come dinner time, as he does every year, the plates are just too small! Not like you can't get a refill LOL! Last year I gave him the platter instead :)

While I spent the day in the kitchen the boys brought the tree up from the basement. And the wreaths for the windows. Cleo is getting excited as usual once the sparkle and glitter comes out, here she is "nesting".


Now the Christmas rush is on, full steam ahead! Yikes I can't believe this has crept up on us again! Did you go out in the crowds shopping today?
I spent the day doing a little decorating and sewing. I like to shop on the week days when the stores are a little quieter. I also do a lot of shopping on line and send gift cards as most of our gifts will be mailed.
I am glad you stopped by, hope all of you have an enjoyable weekend!

1 comment:

Della said...

OMG, Sarris chocolate is to die for. Our kids always sold it as fund raisers in high school and I became addicted. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving, we did too. See you at the Farm.