Wednesday, April 21, 2010

May is for Annie

Tada.... a new stitchery, isn't she cute! This is the 1st block in my new month-by-month Annie redwork series. "May" Annie taking her dolly for a stroll, flowers are blooming and soon it will be Mothers Day. Each block comes with a note card, envelope and stitchery pattern tucked inside.
A cute pattern card to mail to someone who loves to stitch.
And this is all I have been doing lately, drawing, drawing, drawing.... I love to draw :) And that's a good thing as I have 11 more Annies to go.


I found these sitting on the kitchen windowsill last night. Hubby must have picked them as the lilac bush out back is full of blooms. He must have figured they would catch my eye there,
above the sink full of dishes, do you think that was a gentle hint LOL? I love lilacs and purple is my favorite color, they made me smile before I went to bed... after I did the dishes :)


Back to the drawing board people!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

She is so cute and what friend wouldn't just love getting her!! Love your lilacs!

Erin Laughpaintcreate said...

I can smell the lilacs from here! I love the new cards, Mom. Super cute and what a great idea!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your drawing is wonderful as is the photo of the lilacs. This is my first visit here. I had planned only to say hello but stayed much longer than I should. I was lured by some of your earlier posts. I really like what you are doing here and will be back more often. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Nanette Merrill said...

My lilacs are just leaves at this point. Can't wait for that heady smell. Love it. Your stitching is cute. Annie is darling.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Way to go Dad! THose are really beautiful flowers!!!! I haven't seen Lilcas in forever! I miss the ones we used to have in Mew York :)
haha - funny typo - mew york! lol
xoxoxoxox