Monday, July 12, 2010

A happy weekend!

I've been busy celebrating my Anniversary this past week end. 39 years together for Hubby and I, that is worth a few days of celebrating and most amazing is how quickly that time has flown by! Saturday we spent the afternoon doing a few things we each like to do, eat, shop and visit an art gallery. Our 1st stop was Kempers Museum of Contemporary Art and Design in Kansas City. I could not take pictures of the featured exhibit as it was on loan to the museum, but these are a few pieces I just loved. Each so different and unique in style from the other, so inspiring! Is it not hard to believe the piece below is a painting, amazing detail!!


And just look at this little girl and her dress, watercolor, beautiful!


This painting is huge, so tranquil and lovely.


After getting our art fix we headed to the Country Club Plaza, just a few blocks away. If you have ever visited Kansas City and did not make it to the Plaza, shame on your host! The Plaza was established in 1923 and architecturally designed after Seville Spain. It boasts the 1st outdoor shopping center in the world and is known for over 100 fountains, large and small. Large baskets of flowers hang from all the lamp posts, high end stores provide a shoppers dream come true and a choice of many restaurants to satisfy a wide range of appetites. Even if you just wish to window shop or hang out on Starbucks patio, this is a pleasant way to spend a pretty day.




Ok, so we are strolling down the street, on our way to the Apple store cause hubby wants to show me all the new goodness they have to offer. And we stop in front of Tivol. My heart is fluttering, I'm thinking hubby is going to buy me a big hunk of bling! My nose is pressed up against the window, it's very quiet, and hubby looks down at the sidewalk and says....... look Barb, they even have special water dishes for your dog LOL! After all that walking around in the 90 degree heat we had worked up a thirst and worked our way over to the Cheese Cake Factory. I love eating here, where you can sit outside near the fountain, people watch and enjoy a beautiful day! Order a nice frozen drink......

and my favorite Parmesan crusted chicken..... heavenly!


And now my little weekend is over. It's back to work for me, well this is so much fun you can hardly call it work! Here is my Annie progress in color work, 8 more blocks to go!


Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your week!

No comments: