Saturday, July 17, 2010

Love to stitch

My favorite spot to sew is on my back porch, natural light to see better by and the birds provide a little background music. A big glass of iced tea and I'm good to go for the afternoon. I love handwork and stitching is so relaxing, choosing colors of floss and watching my design grow and come to life.

I have several storage units to keep my floss organized, however as you can see I don't use any of them lol! I have little plastic cards to wind your floss on, books with individual plastic inserts to keep each color all nice and neat. Plastic boxes in which these little plastic cards of wound floss slide in to. In the end I still carry around my bowl or little basket of chosen floss colors and pick from that. This must drive my friend Patty nuts, when ever she visits from NY she usually sits and organizes all my floss for me while we talk. It looks beautiful for awhile!



2 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I have a plastic bin like that. It's full of color. I love floss. And I love your stitchery!!

Nanette Merrill said...

For some reason I cannot keep floss organized. And somehow this cute little bowl doesn't bother me at all.