Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vegas Baby!!

I had a nice change of pace this past weekend, a getaway from the snow and cold. Vegas baby! I was able to tag along with Hubby while he was there for a conference.

The weather did not disappoint, temps in the 60's allowed me to thaw out, so nice to walk around minus coat and scarves and boots! Our 1st night we visited the old downtown Vegas strip, I had never been to that part before and it did not disappoint.

Had to find my lucky slot machine... of course I picked one with a cat on it :) Was the kitty good to me? Well all I can say is I did not leave with a body guard LOL!

Lots of lights and glitter, everywhere you look, Vegas is fascinating for sure. I could just sit all
day in a cafe and people watch. Having the afternoons to myself I did do a lot of that. Our hotel was so big it took a good 20 minutes to get from our room to the front door. Busy, busy, no sign of recession there I'll tell you!

I was disappointed the hotels were not decked out for Valentines Day, they were still in the Chinese New Years theme, beautiful decorations but I really expected to see lots of hanging red hearts and Cupids. We did see a bride all fluffy in her pretty white dress though... so exciting :) We even had newly marrieds on our flight home, so cute. There were plenty of chocolate and Valentine goodies to be had in every shop though.


We enjoyed some really wonderful food, isn't this a feast for your eyes... dinner with my Valentine and new friends..... yummmmm!
Lickety split, my little adventure was over and here I am back in Kansas. A click of the red shoes and Vegas now seems a dream. That was just long enough for me to tell you the truth and there is no place like home for sure. I am excited to get back to business and catch up here.
My bunny runner is on it's way home to Mama, I have the binding all ready and waiting.
Blocks for a new quilt are lined up on my ironing board, bursting with ideas and sew excited!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What FUN!!! So glad you got to go and have a great time!!!! xoxo mmm lobster!