Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Two More Days!!

Two more days.... until my Sister arrives, I am excited beyond belief!
Now that may seem silly, but I have not seen my Sis in a few years. She lives in New York, I live in Kansas. Our other 3 siblings each live in various states as do our Fathers and children as well. How did we ever get so scattered. It could be a full time job making the rounds to see everyone every year and we do not get to see one another as often as I would like.
Did I say I am EXCITED!!
Darlene is my younger sister, we are 23 months apart. Isn't this picture cute? My Mom sure did know how to bundle us up LOL! Being so close in age we shared a lot growing up, including the same bedroom. During my teen years I sometimes grew tired of having a little sis always under foot, she was EVERYWHERE LOL! For awhile I longed for my own room, I envied my older Sis hers... green eyed envy, the worst kind. Thinking back on it all now I realize how lucky we were, not only did we share the same space, but so much laughter, tears, many stories and our deepest thoughts as well. Other fringe benefits were we liked the same music and wore pretty much the same size which meant a double wardrobe :) She could iron my hair and I could iron hers.



So I am hopping up and down waiting... little Sis arrives on Saturday! I have spent this past week making ready, cleaning and shopping, stocking up on goodies. I will be blog absent next week while we shop, do lunch, sew, talk up a storm and laugh lots!!!!
I did finish my last sewing project, a new table runner pattern coming soon and boy is it ever cute! I mailed it off to Brenda to quilt and will be excited as always to see her finish!
Off to dust LOL!




2 comments:

Exception to Exceptional said...

Have a wonderful time with your sister. This must be the time for sisters to reunite. I have another friend who is spending time with her sisters. I don't have any sisters, just brothers.

Roberta said...

Barbie Jo, I hope you and Sis have a wonderful time! So glad the temps have come down at least a little to make getting around a little more pleasant. I don't think you'll have to bundle up as much as you were in your Mom's photo! ~Roberta