Saturday, January 14, 2012

Be My Valentine!

It was love at 1st sight when this soft dolly caught my eye on Pinterest. You know I love kitties and I just had to explore further which led to a purchase and she came home to Momma yesterday :) This cute kitty, named "Candi" is the creation of soft sculpture artist Valerie Weberpal of Harvest Moon Designs. She just makes me grin from ear to ear. Love how she is dressed in re purposed textiles: a soft fuzzy sweater edged in vintage ribbon, layered heart applique surrounded by beads, and that mouth!!!


And now it's time to get busy in the kitchen here, have to make Hash Brown Casserole to take to couples Bunco tonight. Yes, we let the hubbies play twice a year and it is a lot of fun and good food! The only problem I see is the Broncos play the Patriots tonight and you know those men are going to be too nervous to roll dice with their eyes glued to the big screen!
Tomorrow will be a sewing and talk to my sister in NY day :) Hope your weekend is the best!

1 comment:

Roberta said...

She IS pretty special! It would take me forever to coordinate all those different fabrics in one piece. Valerie did a wonderful job! ~Roberta