Thursday, February 9, 2012

All work and no play

All work and no play... you have heard this phrase before I am sure. And it pretty much describes my life lately. But really, I'm okay with that because I enjoy what I do so very much!
Lots going on in my workshop. My quilt came home to Mama this week and I wish I could show you more LOL, but here is a glimpse of Brendas beautiful quilting. She used lime green thread in the borders which I never would have thought of, green to match somebodies eyes :) Sewing on the embellishments and binding on this one.


The Annie quilt is now in Brendas hands and I am working on a new table runner. Bright Kaffe Fassett fabrics, who doesn't love them, and a few co ordinating fabrics to add to the mix. This is turning in to a fun fun project!


I'm stitching design number 2 of 4 in a set of Holiday tea towels.

I have read more books this past month. Staying up way too late with books that have been hard to put down. I enjoyed "The Paris Wife" by Paula McLain and "Lucia Lucia" by Adriana Trigiani, a darn cute book. I finished books 1 and 2 of the "Hunger Games" trilogy by Suzanne Collins and starting #3. I have to say I never thought this series would appeal to me, just not my type of read. I kept hearing it talked about on Facebook by various readers and decided to just go for it and I have to admit these books are hard to step away from.

Valentines Day is coming up fast. I don't decorate for this cute little holiday. But I do pour all my love into fixing a lovely dinner and a pretty table and I enjoy making cute desserts. This year I found these pretty frilly pink baking cups and red Peeps dipped in chocolate... now who doesn't love Peeps! I see a dessert idea forming in my head :)


Happy almost weekend!

No comments: