Saturday, February 20, 2016

Feels like summer!

Another week gone by, we have been enjoying splendid weather in the 70's! Today Hubby and I ran a few errands and at one stop purchased Girl Scout cookies! Yum, I didn't see any little Girl Scouts last year so this was an overdue treat! Driving through I neighborhood we stopped at an Estate sale that was going on. Oh my, they had soooooo much stuff. I purchased these old Hallmark cookie cutters as I like to make sugar cookies. But I felt kind of sad seeing all the handwork, quilts and sewing projects this woman had made for sale, there were boxes and boxes of sewing items.



And so, speaking of splendid, block #2 of The Splendid Sampler sew along became available on Thursday. This pretty block designed by Jane Davidson called Wings was a little challenging for me. The block consists of 36- 1-1/2" squares, 10 being 1/2 square triangle units. I don't usually work this small, but I feel it is a good thing to get out of your comfort zone once in awhile.
Block #3 will be available tomorrow, I wonder what is in store for us next! 



Have a happy weekend!

No comments: